Our Statement: Interstellar War is a game created by fans, for newcomers and
fans, of the original
Interstellar War. We aim to recreate the experience of excitement and player interaction that
it a great game. Cracking jokes, creating rivalries, pulling off impressive heists, and
politics are a part of Interstellar Wars, but building a community of collective fun is about
trusting that players are doing the right thing and treating each other properly.
Our Code of Conduct is intended to outline the behavior that can take away from the collective
and, this can be distilled into a set of Guiding Principles:
- Be friendly, patient, and welcoming. Support a safe environment and help us
to ensure that
everyone follows these Rules.
- Be respectful. Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is
no excuse for poor
behaviour and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we
cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It’s important to remember
that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to others. Do not insult
or put down other
participants. Harassment and other exclusionary behaviour aren’t acceptable.
- Try to understand why we disagree. Disagreements, both social and
technical, happen all the
time. It is important that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
that we’re different. The strength of our community comes from its diversity, people from a
range of backgrounds. Different people have different perspectives on issues. Being unable
understand why someone holds a viewpoint doesn’t mean that they’re wrong. Don’t forget that
is human to err and blaming each other doesn’t get us anywhere. Let's focus on working
to resolve issues and learning from mistakes.
Therefore the following will not be tolerated:
- Offensive language - You must not use any language that is offensive, discriminatory, racist
- Sexualising someone or something, which would include sexual harassment and
sexual bullying in any form.
- Harass or single out anyone (or something that a person cares about) for ridicule, abuse,
malicious attack, or anything similar.
- Call out bad behaviour of others publicly - You should use our reporting tools
or moderators to let us know of any bad behaviour.
- Player Abuse (includes spamming) – including threaten, Stalk, bully, intimidate, hurt,
attack, abuse or humiliate someone (or something that a person may care about). This
includes using or encouraging the use of profanity (swearing)
- Bug abuse (cheating) - Any bugs found within the game must be reported to ISW Admins
- Using third-party software like bots or Macros - You must not use other programs to gain
unfair advantage at the game.
- Account sharing/trading - Each account should only be used by ONE person.
- Multiple logging in - You must not have more than one account without direct consent of the
any permitted accounts must not interact or be used to gain an unfair advantage within or
outside the game.
- Password scamming - Asking for another player's password for any reason will not be
- Asking for personal details (addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.) - To protect players'
safety and privacy, you must not ask for personal details.
- Advertising/website - You are not allowed to actively advertise in the ISW game or ISW
- Real world trading - ISW items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the
- ISW Admin or Mod impersonation - You should not attempt to impersonate Admins or Mods in any
- Misuse of official forums - Forums must be used respectfully at all times.
- Encouraging others to break rules (all rules included) - You must not encourage others to
break any of the rules.
- All rules are at the discretion of moderators and Admins, but we are reasonable gods.